To apply, please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and responses will be kept confidential.
Ground Penetrating Radar Technician/Utility Locator
Job Description: In search of a technician with 1-3+ years of experience using ground penetrating radar (GPR) to locate buried utilities, underground storage tanks, and/or other subsurface infrastructure. Experience using electromagnetic (EM) utility locating instruments is also significantly desired. This position will initially involve a focus on field-based work using GPR and EM to locate buried utilities (i.e. electric, water, communications, gas, sewer, drainage, and service station product lines) at commercial sites and within existing right-of-way easements. Work is typically performed in two-person teams but can also include individual field work in collaboration with field teams from other companies. Travel is required, estimated 20-40% travel within the continental U.S. Relocation to the Greensboro, NC, area is required.
This position will be filled to expand a team of geophysical survey professionals performing utility locating and a range of other geophysical services to our clients. The ideal candidate will be able to immediately assist with utility locating efforts, with the expectation that over time their responsibilities will expand into other areas of geophysical field data collection.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in geology, geophysics, environmental science, engineering, or a related field
- 1-3+ years using ground penetrating radar, electromagnetic locators, and/or similar instrumentation
- Knowledge of utility locating procedures, including appropriate field markings and utility categories
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Knowledge of GSSI ground penetrating radar equipment and software is a plus
- Experience with GIS or CADD software is a plus
If you are ready to join our expanding geophysical team, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please explain in your cover letter why your experience is relevant to this role.
About Pyramid Geophysical Services: We are a full-service surface geophysical consulting firm providing innovative solutions to private, municipal and federal clients who have the need to characterize subsurface geology, identify underground hazards and locate buried infrastructure. Pyramid Geophysical Services is a subsidiary of Pyramid Environmental & Engineering, P.C. Since 1992, Pyramid has provided environmental and geophysical solutions to our clients, and with our growing team we are seeking additional professionals to expand our services.
Professional Engineer (PE)
We’re looking for a mature, experienced Professional Engineer (primarily North Carolina but other states helpful) to help grow our company. This person will have a minimum of five years of experience showing progressive advancement in accountability.
Supports environmental, civil, and geotechnical engineering operations and business development programs by developing sales strategies and technical solutions; mentoring team members.
* Develops environmental, civil, and geotechnical engineering business development strategies by developing business models and value propositions; identifying industry-specific technical solution opportunities; preparing competitive analyses, marketing literature, and proposals; delivering technical presentations.
* Develops solutions using partners by identifying and exploring potential alliances; engaging key personnel and building relationships; communicating company vision and technical capabilities.
* Reduces costs and increases customer satisfaction.
* Tracks emerging technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Proven client development, Presenting Technical Information, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Client Relationships, Training, Solutions Development, Coaching, Process Improvement
Professional Engineer – North Carolina; other states helpful